PID Effi Microactivity Reactor
Click on images below
for larger view:
The third generation of our micro-activity product line, the PID/Particulate Systems Effi Microreactor, is a highly-advanced modular laboratory system for measuring the activity and selectivity of catalysts. The standard platform can be easily adapted to the user’s catalytic testing needs with a variety of configurations and options. The system is compact, completely automated, and equipped with innovative process-control technology. This enables the user to program a series of experiments on a personal computer and obtain real-time results with the highest degree of reproducibility and accuracy.
The Effi Microreactor has been developed to help save time and resources at both the catalyst development stage and the factory report process during the screening. It can accommodate a wide variety of reactions including hydrocracking, hydrotreating, isomerization, hydrogenation, hydrodesulphurization (HDS), oxidation, hydrodenitrogenation (HDN), reforming (aromatization), GTL (Fischer-Tropsch), and steam reforming, to name a few.
Patented control systems have been specifically developed for this equipment, providing the ability to operate on a micro-scale. The Effi Microreactor performance is like no other system available on the market with micro-flow rates operating in a wide range from tens of mL/min to liters/min. The system operates at analysis pressures ranging from vacuum to 100 bar. Its versatility allows operation within this range without requiring adjustment of the pressure control valve. Reaction temperature can be controlled between ambient and 1050 oC (using special material reactors). Its high-pressure liquid-gas or liquid-liquid-gas separator is the latest PID advancement in studying catalytic reactions.
Two dual reactor configurations are available. The Duo configuration provides the ability to run two reactions in series with independent pressure control of each reactor. The Twin configuration provides the same advantages as the Duo and also has the ability to regenerate the catalyst in one reactor while running a reaction on the other reactor.
- Gas mixer with three mass flow controllers for incoming gases
- Stainless-steel, 9-mm reactor
- Radiating oven with low thermal inertia capable of reaching 1050 oC
- Valve for bypassing the reactor enabling isolation while the feed analysis commences
- Liquid-gas separator
Several options can be easily added to the Effi Microreactor, configuring the instrument to the exact needs of the researcher.
- Additional gas inlets with individual mass flow controllers
- High pressure liquid-liquid-gas separator (GTL configuration)
- Additional 6-port valves for changing the direction of the flow or bypassing the separator
- Reactors of different sizes made from different materials to suit the needs of the reaction
· Microactivity-Reference Presentation · Microactivity-Reference Journal
Brochure: Microactivity Effi